Sunday, September 23, 2012

Today's Look: Makeup AND OOTD

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to be posting my very first post about makeup and my Outfit of the Day (OOTD)!

So for today, I wanted to go with a bold green eye look for Fall.  Also, I wanted to look extra hot because it was my husband's first day off all week and I wanted him to do a double take.  :)

So, here is my face pre-makeup:


And here is the finished look:



For this look, I used the following products:

-Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 125
-Cle de Peau concealer in Ochre
-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Finishing Powder in Creamy Natural
-Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
-Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion
-Loreal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner in Carbon Black
-Dior Diorshow Lash Plumping Serum
-Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 mascara in Black Satin
-Smashbox The Master Class Palette eyeshadows in Serpent, Butter, Chestnut, and Sumatra.
-Smashbox The Master Class Palette cream eyeshadow in Ivy.
-Smashbox The Master Class Palette blush in Warm Apricot
-Smashbox The Master Class Palette highlight in Lens
-Smashbox The Master Class Palette lip gloss in Buff

So...how do you use that absurd amount of products to create this look?  Follow these simple steps:

1.  Apply foundation, concealer, and finishing powder as you normally would.
2.  Apply UDPP on eyelids.  Wait for it to dry.
3.  Apply SMCP cream shadow in Ivy liberally ALL over your eyelid and up into the crease with your finger.  That's right, this should feel reminiscent of preschool finger painting class!
4.  Take a fluffy and wide blending brush, think MAC 227 brush, and blend out the edges of the cream shadow.  Be sure to blend DOWN, not UP into your browbone.
5.  Take a shading brush and pat SMCP Serpent eyeshadow all over your lower lid, tapering it LIGHTLY up to the crease.  Be sure to concentrate the application near your lash line.
6.  Take a short shader brush, think MAC 214, and connect the SMCP Serpent eyeshadow to your lower lash line.  Less is more here.  You don't want to look like a raccoon.
7.  Blend the edges of the Serpent eyeshadow you've just applied to make it look less harsh.
8.  Take a shadow brush and apply SMCP eyeshadow in Butter under your brow bone and in the pocket near your tear duct as a highlight shade.
9.  Take a tapered blending blush, like a MAC 224, and dip the tip ONLY in the SMCP eyeshadow in Chestnut.
10.  Lightly trace the edges of the Serpent shadow with the Chestnut shadow and blend.
11.  Repeat step 6 with the Chestnut shade.
12.  Apply some SMCP eyeshadow in Sumatra on the outside corner of each eye, to help deepen the green color of the Serpent.
13.  Line your water line and tightline your top lash line with a black kohl pencil. 
14.  Line your upper lash line with a black liquid liner.  Create a slight winged effect. 
15.  Apply mascara.  If you want a very defined look, I HIGHLY recommend the Diorshow Lash Plumping Serum.  It's miraculous.
16.  Apply SMPC blush in Warm Peach.
17.  Apply SMPC highlight in Lens to the very top of your cheekbones.
18.  Apply SMPC gloss in Buff.

YOU'RE DONE!

And, to finish up the post, here's my OOTD.


Dress:  LC Lauren Conrad
Cardigan:  Express
Boots:  DSW
Bag:  Coach

4 comments:

  1. Hey pretty lady! Love the look. I'll definitely need a video, though, as I don't think I understand how to create the look for myself. Can you post one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I like that dress. I would have never thought to wear boots with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit. Also, I think I need this Smashbox palette... so, basically you just cost me $60. Thanks a lot.

    Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Liv said... I'll need a video! I love the look, but I'm hopeless with eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete