Friday, June 28, 2013

June 2013 Favorites!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you're having a lovely Friday!  I am traveling to Chicago tonight to begin the apartment search and thought I'd post my June Favorites before I go.

This month, I'm changing things up a bit and sharing my favorites via my blog and not my YouTube Channel.  I hope you don't mind.

Anyway, so for the month of June, I have three products that I've been LOVING.  And they're all new to me.

First up is a product that's been around for a while and has a ton of hype...the BeautyBlender.


Ah, the BeautyBlender.  I've been avoiding buying one for so long because this little sponge will run you $20.  For one sponge.  I thought that was absurd, so I refused to buy one...until I had a giftcard to Amazon.com and was able to snap one up at no cost to me.
So it arrived at my house, in all it's adorably packaged glory...and I couldn't WAIT to test it out.  And, unfortunately for my wallet, it's 100% worth the type.

How does it work? 
You dampen the BeautyBlender with water and wring it out.  Once dampened, the BeautyBlender will expand to double its original size.  They you pick up some foundation and "bounce" (stipple) it onto your skin.  You can use the pointy side for hard-to-reach places like the sides of your nose and the round side for forehead, cheeks, etc.

Why is it awesome?
I love this product because it does three VERY important things.

1) Because you dampen the sponge before you pick up the product, the sponge doesn't absorb the foundation and you actually use LESS product than you would applying the foundation with a brush.

2) It takes the foundation-y feeling away from wearing foundation.  It makes your foundation almost feel airbrushed.  It doesn't feel like you're wearing ANYTHING at all.  I completely forget I'm wearing foundation at all.

3) It blends beautifully.  You can build up foundation, if you need to, without looking cakefaced.  A good foundation blender is a great tool to own.  And I LOVE the way this blends.



Next up is the Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio in "Walking on Eggshells."


I love this trio for a few reasons.

1) It's a great palette to create a complete everyday eye look. 
2) The colors are subtle, which makes it sort of idiot proof...for days that you're half asleep putting on makeup.
3) It's CHEAP.  I paid $2.99 for the trio PLUS a small tube of mascara.  God, I love Wet n Wild!
4) The color payoff is great.
5) There isn't a ton of fall out from the shadow.  (ie. They're not overly powdery and crumbly.)
6) The color lasts a LONG time...especially with a primer.

It's really a no-brainer awesome product.

Last on my list is a product I bought a week ago and am COMPLETELY obsessed with:  Yes to Blueberry Makeup Remover Wipes.  I got these at Target.  They're $5 or so for the pack, but if you bought two or more packs, you got a $5 Target gift card.


I love these wipes because they smell AMAZING, just like blueberries.  I'm not sure what active ingredients are in the wipes, but I am assuming they're all natural because they are SO gentle.  Seriously.

You know how at the end of a long day, when you want to remove your makeup, you pick up a wipe and start scrubbing your makeup off.  And it's not too bad, but sometimes it'll sting when it comes time to remove your eye makeup.  Yeah, this doesn't happen with this product.  I've removed eyeliner that I tightlined with and put on my water line with these wipes...and it doesn't sting my eyes.  It's AMAZING. 

Also, the wipes leave my skin feeling refreshed and moisturized.  They don't dry out my skin with alcohol like so many wipes will.  I HIGHLY recommend picking up a pack.


So that's it for this month's favorites.  Comment below and tell me...which products have YOU been loving this month?

Xoxo,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment