Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall Favorites!

Hi Everyone!

I really love Fall.  The weather is not too hot, or too cold.  I love watching the leaves change color, and when they fall, the little crispety crunch beneath your feet can bring a smile to anyone's day.  I love the feeling that the holidays are coming up, but you're not quite at the ZOMG WHAT AM I GOING TO GET EVERYONE stage.  It's such a great time of the year.

Now that we're towards the end of Fall, I wanted to tell you all about some things I've been loving this season.  Let's get to it!

1.  Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte

I LOVE Starbucks in general.  The food is tasty.  The drinks are amazing.  The service is, usually, great.  And I always leave feeling like I had an experience, instead of feeling like, "eh, I grabbed a coffee."  But this Fall, Starbucks has left me with THREE favorites, the first being the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

The PSL has the perfect amount of pumpkin, cinnamon, caffeine, and creamy goodness...and it's delicious hot or iced.

2.  The Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice

I loved the Caramel Apple Spice in High School, but haven't had one in such a long time.  Recently, I was craving a tasty warm beverage with no caffeine, and voila, the CAS was reintroduced to my life.  They're so tasty and are amazing for times when you're not in the mood for caffeine.


3.  The Starbucks Gingerbread Latte

Now that it's red cup season, Starbucks has released the Gingerbread Latte.  To be honest, I've never been a fan of it, but when they burst out the holiday drinks, I noticed the store sign boasted a new recipe for the GBL.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try it.  And I'm SO glad I did.  The taste is delicious, just the right amount of gingerbread and cinnamon flavor, without being overpowering.  Way to change a bad thing, Starbucks!

4.  UGG Ansley Slippers

These "slippers" are great for indoors OR outdoors, as they have the sole of a driving moccasin.  They're super comfortable and have the coziest wool lining ever.  They're great for running errands and pair the comfort of a flat with the warmth needed for the cooler weather.  Mine are pink, and I love them.


5.  Benefit Erase Paste

I have been developing a completely new foundation routine over the past few months, and the Benefit Erase Paste is KEY to combating my dark circles.  I still use my beloved Cle de Peau concealer, but now I put the Erase Paste UNDER my foundation (to brighten up the dark circles), then apply foundation, THEN use the Cle de Peau concealer to handle blemishes and getting the under-eye area to match my skin tone.  This product is a Godsend, and just a little dab will go a long way.


6.  Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara

I feel bad even sharing this product with you...because it is so overpriced.  But this mascara, oh this mascara.  I originally got this mascara as a deluxe sample size from Sephora using my VIB points.  First mistake.  And now I'm in love with a mascara that's $30 a tube.  Oops.

This mascara is lengthening AND creates unbelievable volume...a combination most mascaras fail to successfully achieve.  It's a must try.  Even if it's just once.



7.  Cozy, Knitted Cold Weather Accessories

I love gorgeous, comfortable, warm accessories to wear now that it's getting chilly.  My friend Ashley, of Great Scott Knits, knits great hats like this that I wear all the time!


8.  My Family

By "my family", I also mean the friends that have become my family.  They give me a constant source of unconditional love, guidance, support, and even some pretty good laughs.  I would not be where I am, or who I am, without them.  I know that seems like such a silly thing to put in a Fall Favorites blog post, but this Fall, and especially recently, I have been thinking about how lucky I am to have these amazing people in my life.  :)



 9.  My Husband, Jeremy 

I am incredibly blessed to have the best husband a girl could ask for.  He is the best friend, partner, and person I have ever known.  He makes me laugh.  Every.  Single.  Day.  He makes me laugh, even when I want to cry.  He listens to me.  He respects me.  He does everything he can to make sure that I am happy.

2013 has been a tough year for us, complete with a cross country move and a tough job search in Chicago for me.  Every step of the way, Jeremy supported me in every way that someone can support someone else.  Every step of the way, he came home with a smile on his face, and showered me with love and support.  No matter what happened, Jeremy always made me feel lucky to wake up next to him.  He is the best part of my day, every single day.






Sooooo, now that I've gone all mushy gushy on you, tell me.  What are your favorite things for Fall?

Xoxo,

Cathy





No comments:

Post a Comment